Me, Anxiety and You

 *this is very short and not like something that I usually write, but I felt like wanting to share it. Please be warned that I talked about my experience with anxiety, so read if you feel comfortable*


2 I was drowning, deep inside of myself. Not being able to catch a breath because of the nerves that swelled so big that I could not feel myself anymore, that was the point I thought I was gone. 


Anxiety.


2 It is so hard to understand why your mind starts to control your breathing in such a way that you are neither drowning, neither choking. I would be lying in the bed, but I would feel like I am sitting on the edge of the cliff, fearing I would fall. 


Anxiety. 


2 You feel like falling but you are not. You are just floating somewhere in the air while your blood boils and your body feels like it is in the pressure cooker. 


You wouldn’t understand. 


3 You said “You will be fine”; but I wasn’t… I told you I was having a breakdown and you said it would be fine. I told you it was because of you, and you said It shall pass. 


You were quiet. 


3 I asked you what was wrong and you said nothing. I told you I was hurting and you were silent. I was seeking help and you were not there.



1 I was alone with no more anxiety and no more of you.  


2 – me alone with anxiety 

3 – me, anxiety, and you

1 - alone



Photo by Daria Sannikova from Pexels

Comments