Black Hole

"What do you see when you look in the mirror?" she asks me.

She - breathes down my neck; warm air collides with my cold skin. I - alone.

"I do not know." I shake my head.

"Frail human body, perhaps?"

"No, no, no, All I see is a black hole, I want to scream into it."

"It would eat you if you came any closer." Don't come any closer." she isn't here. I'm alone. I don't know her. She knows me…she thinks she knows me.

Chills scratch my skin; it crawls up my spine like a centipede on a wall, tiny and thin steps that emit a tingling sensation through the receptors in the mucous membrane of my thin skin.

I want to touch the mirror, but the repulsive force prevents me. Is that a good sign? Is that her; an icy and unknown presence that visits me?

“They will eat you...” Two humble words I must admit. The truth they carry is painful and absent. Could this black hole really eat me as it warns me? I wouldn't say... rather, swallow me, take me to the unknown and infinite.

To cease to exist for anything but a black hole. You disappear like a speck of dust in the air; you float but you are evanescent.

The wind is slapping me. I guess nature is warning me. I direct my crystal pupils towards the sky and ask him for forgiveness. Everything I've done and will do is no one's fault but mine. I haven't given up, but I want everyone to give up on me. Nature, free me from your shackles!

"I warned you, you didn't listen to me." she is right. I didn’t.

Without shackles, I jump into the black hole.

Ocean.

I disappeared.




Comments